Friday, January 12, 2018

Zechariah 3:6-10

Jesus has overcome the world….spread the Word! There remains a peace that we can enter into if we only have faith!

And the child came with angels proclaiming… Peace, peace to the people of earth!

This oracle expands on the vision in Zechariah 3:1–7 by placing the leadership of Joshua within the context of Yahweh’s full plan of restoration, culminating in the coming of the Messiah.

Joshua’s reinstatement is conditional. He must keep Yahweh’s laws in order to keep his position of leadership. 

Both the land and humanity are completely transformed in a moment by the action of Yahweh and the Servant He has appointed. Faithlife Bible.

Joshua was recommissioned as the nation’s high priest. For his faithfulness he was promised the privilege of exercising authority over God’s temple—My house—and its courts. Joshua and his companions were a sign because the reinstitution of the priesthood made public God’s continuing intention to fulfill His promises to His people.


Sitting under the vine and under the fig tree is an image of peace and tranquility characteristic of the messianic kingdom. NKJ Bible.

 Zechariah 3:6–10 (NKJV)
Then the Angel of the Lord admonished Joshua, saying, “Thus says the Lord of hosts:
‘If you will walk in My ways,
And if you will keep My command,
Then you shall also judge My house,
And likewise have charge of My courts;
I will give you places to walk
Among these who stand here.
8 Hear, O Joshua, the high priest,
You and your companions who sit before you,
For they are a wondrous sign;
For behold, I am bringing forth My Servant the BRANCH.
9 For behold, the stone
That I have laid before Joshua:
Upon the stone are seven eyes.
Behold, I will engrave its inscription,’
Says the Lord of hosts,
‘And I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
10 In that day,’ says the Lord of hosts,
‘Everyone will invite his neighbor
Under his vine and under his fig tree.’ ”

1 Kings 4:25 (NKJV)

25 And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, each man under his vine and his fig tree, from Dan as far as Beersheba, all the days of Solomon.

No comments:

Post a Comment