Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Habakkuk 3:17-19

Joy in YOU is our only true source of strength and hope. Your WORD is real food for the restoration of our souls. You are the LORD of lords and KING of kings. With  You, CHRIST within, we are safe and protected.

Through the good and the bad I trust in You alone!

In this verse, figs, grapes, and olives represent the entire agricultural system of Israel. Olive trees are slow-growing evergreens that produce an oil-bearing fruit. Olive trees are ubiquitous in Israel, and the fruit or its oil is consumed at virtually every meal. Faithlife Bible.

Here the divine name Yahweh is tied to the term Adonai, which means “Lord.”

God will strengthen those who trust in Him. He will give those who live by faith the same confidence that a surefooted deer has in climbing mountains. Like a victorious army, the righteous with God’s strength will occupy the high hills. NKJ Bible.

Habakkuk 3:17–19 (NKJV)
17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19 The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,

And He will make me walk on my high hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment