Thursday, September 15, 2016

Zephaniah 1:2-3

Sin is so entwined in fallen mans’ DNA that left on his own he will self destruct. It takes a catastrophic event  (911) for Christians to lay aside their differences and concentrate on someone other than themselves. Even then it is short lived. It grieves God’s heart when we cast aside His commands to love Him and to love and care for others. Hatred and love can not coexist. Without God…history repeats itself over and over.

Without a real change brought about by the very Spirit of God within us we are devoid of hope.

It was the “turn back to God” part of Zephaniah’s message that offered a ray of hope. And to those who listened and responded to his call, the good news wiped out every line of bad. God would restore those who sought Him.

Stumbling blocks are substitutes for God in the life and affections of a person.

Zephaniah 1:2-3
2      “I will utterly consume everything
From the face of the land,”
Says the Lord;
3 “I will consume man and beast;
I will consume the birds of the heavens,
The fish of the sea,
And the stumbling blocks along with the wicked.
I will cut off man from the face of the land,”
Says the Lord.

13 I will surely consume them,” says the Lord. “No grapes shall be on the vine, Nor figs on the fig tree, And the leaf shall fade; And the things I have given them shall pass away from them.” ’ ” 
Jeremiah 8:13

3 Therefore the land will mourn; And everyone who dwells there will waste away With the beasts of the field And the birds of the air; Even the fish of the sea will be taken away. 
Hosea 4:3

Now  I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.  Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” And He said to me, l“It is done! mI am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 

Revelation 21:1–6

No comments:

Post a Comment