Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Hosea 2:19-20

God keeps His promises. He is faithful when we are not and even though we deserve death, in His infinite mercy, He offers us His abundant life.

Out of God’s great love for His creation He offers His gift of salvation, His unmerited grace given in Jesus.

At the beginning of Hosea’s prophetic ministry, the Lord told him to get married and announced that Hosea’s chosen bride would be unfaithful to her marriage vows. Her adultery would vividly illustrate Israel’s unfaithfulness to her covenant Lord.

Because of Gomer’s adulteries, the marriage disintegrated, and she eventually became the slave or concubine of another man. However, the Lord instructed Hosea to buy back his wife. Hosea’s act of mercy toward his wife was a striking picture of the Lord’s great love for Israel.

The Lord emphasized that the new marriage between Himself and Israel would be permanent.

Hosea 2:19-20
19     “I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me
In righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
20 I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the Lord.

33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 
Jeremiah 31:33

34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” 
Jeremiah 31:34

6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. 
Hosea 6:6

4 “Yet I am the Lord your God Ever since the land of Egypt, And you shall know no God but Me; For there is no savior besides Me. 
Hosea 13:4

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 

John 17:3

No comments:

Post a Comment