Thursday, September 29, 2016

John 8:58

The Word of God was made flesh and dwelt among us and we knew Him not! 

The Word was with God and the Word was God. He always was, always will be and always will remain the same.

Jesus was not just claiming to have lived before Abraham; He was claiming eternal existence. He was claiming to be God Himself. This time the Jewish leaders understood that Jesus was claiming to be God, so they took up stones to stone Him for blasphemy.

John 8:58
58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
 The New King James Version. (1982). (Jn 8:58). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from of old, From everlasting.” 
Micah 5:2

And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. 
John 17:5

14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” 
Exodus 3:14

24 “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. 
John 17:24

17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 
Colossians 1:17

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” 

Revelation 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment