Thursday, October 15, 2015

Jeremiah 10:23-24

It is impossible for us to see the beginning and the end of our decisions…good or bad. But God sees the whole of our lives and longs to direct us in the path we choose…if we allow Him too. Always remember that He corrects those that love Him like any loving Father.

Prepare your heart to receive Him and He will take the very things in life that would normally destroy you and turn them around for your good and the good of His Body, the Church.

The verb correct, which means “to discipline” or “to instruct,” has as its goal conformity to the word and will of God. Jeremiah pleaded with the Lord to deal with the nation according to His justice, but to withhold His anger.

Jeremiah 10:23-24
23   O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself;
It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.
24 O Lord, correct me, but with justice;
Not in Your anger, lest You bring me to nothing.

16 The preparations of the heart belong to man, But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. 
Proverbs 16:1

24 A man’s steps are of the Lord; How then can a man understand his own way? 
Proverbs 20:24

11 For I am with you,’ says the Lord, ‘to save you; Though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you, Yet I will not make a complete end of you. But I will correct you in justice, And will not let you go altogether unpunished.’ 

Jeremiah 30:11

No comments:

Post a Comment