Monday, October 26, 2015

Habakkuk 3:17-19

No matter what the signs of the time point to…we are safe in God. He will level the playing field  for those who trust in Him. Even as the world is falling down around us victory is already ours in Him, with Him and through Him. Praise Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We have nothing to fear. 

Joy in our salvation is our strength and the battle is already won.

Habakkuk was unique among the prophets in that he asked questions of God. Even if everyone doubted the Lord’s word, the prophet would still believe. And if the prophet did have any misgivings, he kept them to himself.
His questions were, “Why does evil in Judah go unpunished?” “How can a just God use a wicked nation like Babylon to punish His chosen people?” Habakkuk wanted to know, just as we do, what God was doing and why. There seemed to be too much evil among the “righteous” and too much freewheeling power among the wicked.
God did not strike Habakkuk down for these questions. He answered. The Lord Himself will establish His kingdom. He will hold all people and nations accountable. The present may be filled with wickedness and chaos, but the future belongs to the righteous—the truly righteous. God will bring in His kingdom, give rest and salvation to His children, and judge His people’s adversaries.

Habakkuk 3:17-19
17    Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation
19 The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

Habakkuk 3:19
 19 The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer’s feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills. To the Chief Musician. With my stringed instruments. 

Psalm 18:32
 32 It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect. 

Psalm 18:39
 39 For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me. 

Malachi 4:2 
2 But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; And you shall go out And grow fat like stall-fed calves.

No comments:

Post a Comment