Thursday, October 8, 2015

Hosea 2:19-20 & 23

God will not allow anyone or anything to take what is His. He will do whatever it takes to bring us back to Him. For God so loved the world that He gave us His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, to die for us….we only need to repent of our self righteousness and abide in His.

God is faithful even when we are not.

Betrothal was a binding commitment, the last step before the wedding and consummation. The Lord emphasized that the new marriage between Himself and Israel would be permanent. The Lord would replant Israel in the land.


Hosea 2:19-20 and 23
19 I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me
In righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
20 I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the Lord.


23 Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth,
And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy;
Then I will say to those who were not My people,
‘You are My people!’
And they shall say, ‘You are my God!’ ”


34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” 
Jeremiah 31:34

6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. 
Hosea 6:6

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 
John 17:3

14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.
Ephesians 2:14–17


10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. 

1 Peter 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment