Tuesday, March 22, 2011

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

When we depend upon our own or other people’s strength to supply our needs we ultimately fail. When we depend upon God for everything, every little thing, realizing that we do not know the answer or the way to proceed we let God direct our lives and reflect His glory. In ourselves we can do nothing but with God all things are possible to those who believe!


When believers are without strength and look to the Lord, He provides power by His grace. In Paul’s weaknesses, Christ’s power was made more apparent to others. It would bring praise to the only One who deserved it.

2 Corinthians 12:8

8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore l take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment