Thursday, February 24, 2011

John 15:7-11

If it says it in God’s Word then you can pray knowing that your prayers will be answered. Praying for someone’s eyes to be opened to the truth of salvation given in Christ Jesus is always in God’s will because He wants that no one perish but for all to have everlasting life. Praying that our families, our church, our city, our state, our nation, our world becomes a more loving, caring place is in God’s will because His greatest command is to love Him and each other because by this the world sees Him. Laying hands on the sick results in healing because by this they will be healed and the prayers of the righteous are powerful for good. The rewards of abiding in Him is the fruit of the Spirit grown in you to serve others. Love, peace, mercy, persistence and kindness will abound in us through the power of the Holy Spirit. His joy will permeate our life and that joy in the Lord is our strength.



The text has come full circle in showing how strategic it is for disciples to love each other, as Christ’s method of evangelizing the lost. “They shall know” becomes so you will be Christ’s disciples. Where there is good fruit, there are also seeds for propagation. The love of God the Father for God the Son is the measure of the love of the Son for believers. Christ loves believers unconditionally. But as believers obey Christ’s Word and abide in His love, they come to experience and understand His love for them more and more.

John 15:7-11

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

No comments:

Post a Comment