Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Malachi 4:5-6

A wedge has grown in the United States between fathers and their children and it has crippled society, a lot of fathers are not involved in the daily lives of their family. Some leave their families, some are too busy pursuing the American dream and some are just not interested. But within the last 4 years I have had my hope renewed by watching my son in law, who also is a busy professional, taking the time and energy to invest in the lives of his 3 children and more importantly loving it.

Malachi ends with both a promise and a warning. As in every act of God announcing judgment, there is also an offer of His mercy.

4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet

Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

6 And he will turn

The hearts of the fathers to the children,

And the hearts of the children to their fathers,

Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse

No comments:

Post a Comment