Thursday, September 3, 2026

Psalm 18:1-3 PS I love YOU!

 Psalm 18:30–31

As for God, His way is perfect;

The word of the LORD is proven;

He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

For who is God, except the LORD?

And who is a rock, except our God?


You are my God, my Lord and My Savior. I trust You alone to fight the powers of evil that threaten all of us. I know that the battle is not with flesh and blood but with the darkness that wants to destroy Your creation. In You alone, Jesus,  is the salvation of the world.  My hope rest in You God. I love You. Carla


Psalm 18:1-3

1 I will love You, O Lord, my strength. 

2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;

My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;

My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;

So shall I be saved from my enemies. NKJV


Twice in the Psalms the poet declares a love for God (116:1). Here an unusual word for love is used, referring to compassion as deep as a mother’s love.


The Hebrew word for my rock is balanced by its parallel Hebrew word my strength, meaning also “my rock.” References to God as a mountain fortress that protects the believer are found many times in the Psalms (91:1–3; 144:1). This is a particularly apt image for David, who many times had to hide in the mountains for security (1 Samuel 26:1, 20). The words strength and stronghold reinforce the image of God as Protector. The horn symbolized strength. The NKJV Study Bible


In the opening hymn of praise, the psalmist proclaims his love for Yahweh, who gives him strength. He lists several terms that emphasize the stability and security found in Yahweh. “Rock” (sela' and tsur), “fortress” (metsudah), and “stronghold” (misgav) describe secure locations and emphasize the safety and protection of Yahweh. “Deliverer” (from palat) and “horn of my salvation” (qeren-yish'i) attest to Yahweh’s acts of salvation


Happiness and joy are the result of taking refuge in God.


My stronghold. The Hebrew word used here, misgav (“stronghold”), describes high walls or a rocky fortress; it emphasizes the stable protection God provides for those in need.


Yahweh is praiseworthy because of His protection and salvation. The psalmist confidently calls on Him, knowing He can act to save him from his enemies. Faithlife Study Bible


Psalm 28:7–8

The LORD is my strength and my shield;

My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;

Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,

And with my song I will praise Him.

The LORD is their strength,

And He is the saving refuge of His anointed.


Psalm 31:2–3

Bow down Your ear to me,

Deliver me speedily;

Be my rock of refuge,

A fortress of defense to save me.

For You are my rock and my fortress;

Therefore, for Your name’s sake,

Lead me and guide me.


Psalm 144:1–2

Blessed be the LORD my Rock, 

Who trains my hands for war,

And my fingers for battle—My lovingkindness and my fortress,

My high tower and my deliverer,

My shield and the One in whom I take refuge,

Who subdues my people under me.


Genesis 15:1

After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.”


“Take my hand” is a way of saying, “I see you. You are Real. And you matter.”
Presence does not distinguish. Or judge. Presence just is.
Meaning that presence makes space. For healing, and restoration, and grounding, recovery, and yes, celebration.
Because in the touch, we can be present.
In the touch, we create heart space.
In the touch, we are in the life-giving business.
In the touch, we are in the Grace business.

I hope each of us can hear that affirmation of Grace today.


“The baby was staring intently at other people, and as soon as he recognized a human face, no matter whose it was, he would respond with absolute delight. I realized that this is how God looks at us, staring into our face in order to be delighted, I suspect that only God, and well-loved infants, can see this way. Even when we try to run away from our troubles, as Jacob did, God will find us, and bless us, even when we feel most alone, unsure if we'll survive the night. God will find a way to let us know that [God] is with us in this place, wherever we are, however far we think we've run.” Thank you, Kathleen Norris. Sabbath Moments


No comments:

Post a Comment