Romans 2:29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
We see in part that which God sees in whole. He sees the heart of a person and we cannot. That part of us that belongs to Him He loves and protects. Help me God to see the spirit that was created from Your love and that is in every person born! To do otherwise is to deny You. All of mankind and Your creation deserves the respect and the dignity that belongs to You. Carla
Galatians 1:10
For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ. (NKJV)
To please men was neither Paul’s motivation nor the source of his authority (verse 1). Paul continually sought the approval of God. He did not base his decisions on the opinions of other people. Instead he single-mindedly aimed at pleasing God (Philippians 3:14). As an apostle Paul was a leader, but he was always a bondservant of Christ. The NKJV Study Bible
In preaching the gospel, the apostle sought to bring persons to the obedience, not of men, but of God. But Paul would not attempt to alter the doctrine of Christ, either to gain their favour, or to avoid their fury. In so important a matter we must not fear the frowns of men, nor seek their favour, by using words of men’s wisdom. Concerning the manner wherein he received the gospel, he had it by revelation from Heaven. He was not led to Christianity, as many are, merely by education. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary
Paul was being accused of easing the requirements of obedience to the law for Gentile believers (non-Jewish people who believed in Jesus). For example, while circumcision was a sign of God’s covenant with Abraham (Genesis 17), Paul did not require that Gentile believers be circumcised. This made his message more appealing to Gentiles while opening him to the charge of seeking to appease people. Faithlife Study Bible
1 Corinthians 10:33
just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
Romans 1:1
Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God
1 Timothy 2:4
But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.
1 Samuel 24:7
So David restrained his servants with these words, and did not allow them to rise against Saul. And Saul got up from the cave and went on his way.
With so much of today's news being fueled by fear and uncertainty, I wonder some days if my own passion and heart is being leached from me. My mind races. When that happens, my spirit is anxious and heavy. And I detach. It is a dark place in me that I do not like. Or maybe I don’t like that I’m susceptible. Either way, it numbs the part of my life and my spirit that is essential.
Today I needed a reminder of the renewing, and replenishing, and healing gift of small wonders.
Our question this week is, “Today, where did you see, find, savor wonder?”
“Where did you embrace passion and the delight of wholeheartedness?” Sabbath Moments
No comments:
Post a Comment