Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Mark 11:25–26 Forgiveness... the God kind!


Forgiveness is not easy but it is a necessary part of our life. Time helps heal the wounds of our past but not allowing ourselves to forgive those who have hurt us only binds us to them. 


Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.


All of creation shares the Adamic nature and it is hard for the flesh to believe what is told them. It takes divine faith to walk through the waters of life in the Spirit. 


God has forgiven us so much! Out of our love for God and His mercy and grace we forgive others. Knowing that He wants no one to perish.


To those who work for salvation it is a debt. To those who believe in Jesus Christ it is grace, the gift of God to those who believe. It cannot be earned.He justifies the ungodly and faith is counted as righteousness. 


We cannot enter into His grace in unbelief.


It is not up to us the judge the salvation of others God sees the heart of a person, we do not. God in His infinite mercy and grace sent Jesus that through Him the world could be saved.


We need to take God at His Word. Scripture is the Holy Spirit inspired word of God. It has the power to change us, precept by precept, and reflect in our lives the image of Jesus Christ.


Lord, I come before Your presence with honor on my lips because You are sovereign and holy. Lord, You are worthy of praise and glory because You are wonderful and awesome. Lord, You are in control of all things because You are omnipresent and omniscient. Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth, I pray my life to represent You well. Holy Spirit, please help me when I need to bridle my tongue and when I should speak words of encouragement and gentleness. I do want to honor You with how I speak and live to be a witness of Your goodness and mercy. So may I go into all the world and proclaim the Good News that Jesus Christ is Lord and God does not want anyone to perish. I pray I don’t compromise the truth of Your word and live accordingly. Have Your way, dear Lord. In the name of Jesus. Amen First5


…I loved this recent article from Ed Yong (Birds Open Our Eyes And Ears) about his love for birding. One person told me, “'you’re birding like a retiree.' I laughed, but the comment spoke to the idea that things like birding are what you do when you’re not working, not being productive. I reject that. These recent years have taught me that I’m less when I’m not actively looking after myself, that I have value to my world and my community beyond ceaseless production, and that pursuits like birding that foster joy, wonder and connection to place are not sidebars to a fulfilled life but their essence.”


Ah yes, the wonder of the child. Sabbath Moments 


Mark 11:25–26

25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” The New King James Version



It is doubtful that a person who cannot forgive another has ever experienced the forgiveness of his own sins by God. The NKJV Study Bible


FAITH. It may be applied to that mighty faith with which all true Christians are endued, and which does wonders in spiritual things. It justifies us, and so removes mountains of guilt, never to rise up in judgment against us. It purifies the heart, and so removes mountains of corruption, and makes them plain before the grace of God. One great errand to the throne of grace is to pray for the pardon of our sins; and care about this ought to be our daily concern. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


Matthew 6:14–15 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.


Matthew 9:2 Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment