Friday, April 26, 2024

Jeremiah 38:19-20 we need to thrive where He has planted us


Do not be afraid of the unknown for God will protect you.


Isaiah 51:12–13 

“I, even I, am He who comforts you.

Who are you that you should be afraid

Of a man who will die,

And of the son of a man who will be made like grass?

And you forget the LORD your Maker,

Who stretched out the heavens

And laid the foundations of the earth;

You have feared continually every day

Because of the fury of the oppressor,

When he has prepared to destroy.

And where is the fury of the oppressor?


Do not fear what man can do to you but listen to Holy Spirit who will give you guidance in all situations.


Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.


The word of God is powerful. It shines His light on ALL things and nothing is hidden. Knowing that we have a great high Priest that resides at the right of God we can come boldly to the throne of grace. We are citizens of His Kingdom in heaven. He knows our every thought  and loves us still.  Jesus was tempted so that He would understand and have empathy for our weaknesses. He knows as mere humans that only by the power of Holy Spirit would we be able to withstand them.


Psalm 139O Lord, You have searched me and known me. 2 You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. 3 You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. 5 You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it.


God searches us and knows the whole of us. When we pray our prayers are heard by God with His complete attention. He knows our thoughts and the  intents of our heart.  He is never far from us. He knows what we will say and do and He will direct us as we walk the path He sets before us. It is beyond our understanding that almighty God goes with us everywhere we go. 


He will always direct us back to Him. 


In our brightest days He is there. In our darkest nights He is there. We are fearfully and wonderfully made in His image. How precious are His thoughts for us as believers. Our God is always present, knows the beginning and the end and is powerful for good in our lives.


Jeremiah 38:19-20

19 And Zedekiah the king said to Jeremiah, “I am afraid of the Jews who have defected to the Chaldeans, lest they deliver me into their hand, and they abuse me.” 20 But Jeremiah said, “They shall not deliver you. Please, obey the voice of the Lord which I speak to you. So it shall be well with you, and your soul shall live. The New King James Version


Zedekiah’s fear of those who opposed his rebellion against Nebuchadnezzar is his excuse for not surrendering. Jeremiah reassures him that the only thing Zedekiah needs to be concerned with is obeying Yahweh. Faithlife Study Bible


Zedekiah revealed he was afraid to surrender to the Babylonians because he feared retaliation by early deserters from Jerusalem. His unfitness to be king is proven by his concern for his personal safety above that of the city and its inhabitants.Jeremiah tried to settle Zedekiah’s fears and to resolve his moral and ethical dilemma by reassuring him that surrender would result in his personal safety. The NKJV Study Bible


Jeremiah was not forward to repeat the warnings, which seemed only to endanger his own life, and to add to the king’s guilt, but asked whether he feared to do the will of God. 


The less men fear God, the more they fear men; often they dare not act according to their own judgments and consciences. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


Isaiah 55:3 

Incline your ear, and come to Me.

Hear, and your soul shall live;

And I will make an everlasting covenant with you—

The sure mercies of David.


Jeremiah 11:4 which I commanded your fathers in the day I brought them out of the land of Egypt, from the iron furnace, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and do according to all that I command you; so shall you be My people, and I will be your God,’


Jeremiah 40:9 And Gedaliah the son of Ahikam, the son of Shaphan, took an oath before them and their men, saying, “Do not be afraid to serve the Chaldeans. Dwell in the land and serve the king of Babylon, and it shall be well with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment