Friday, August 18, 2023

Hosea 2:21-23 forgiveness


God’s love and mercy is long suffering when it comes to His children. His love, in the salvation of Jesus Christ, covers a multitude of  our sin. 


Who are we to withhold  forgiveness when we have been  forgiven so much.


Romans 9:25 As He says also in Hosea: “I will call them My people, who were not My people, And her beloved, who was not beloved.”


1 Peter 2:10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.


With God there is forgiveness, and with that forgiveness comes freedom, steadfast love and redemption (John 8:36;  Galatians 5:1;  Psalm 130:7). First5 


Hosea 2:21-23

21 “It shall come to pass in that day That I will answer,” says the Lord; “I will answer the heavens, And they shall answer the earth. 22 The earth shall answer With grain, With new wine, And with oil; They shall answer Jezreel. 23 Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth, And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy; Then I will say to those who were not My people, ‘You are My people!’ And they shall say, ‘You are my God!’ ” The New King James Version


The heavens would provide rain for the earth; the earth would produce its fruit in turn. Israel is called Jezreel, meaning “God Plants,” because the Lord would replant Israel in the land. The NKJV Study Bible


Earlier, the name “Jezreel” telegraphed disaster and destruction. Now, the image is positive: God will plant and rebuild Israel. This reverses the earlier repudiation of the covenant formula. Faithlife Study Bible


Hosea 1:6 

And she conceived again and bore a daughter. 

Then God said to him:“Call her name Lo-Ruhamah,

For I will no longer have mercy on the house of Israel,

But I will utterly take them away.


Zechariah 8:12 

‘For the seed shall be prosperous,

The vine shall give its fruit,

The ground shall give her increase,

And the heavens shall give their dew—

I will cause the remnant of this people

To possess all these.


No comments:

Post a Comment