Friday, February 3, 2023

Let God be God.


God is the author of peace and love. 


Let God be God …in any way that He chooses!


1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.


I will admit that there is comfort donning my cape, morphing into Mr. Tidy OCD, an emotional life fix-it hero. And I know why. It distracts and protects me, because there’s a part of me that is afraid to pause, to befriend my scattered and wounded self. To let myself be loved for being this wonderfully messy imperfect me.
Grace, it turns out, is WD40 for the soul.

Sabbath Moments 


When we place our eyes on Jesus, He helps us release fear.


Today, God has made a better way out of panic for us through His Son, Jesus, who offers peace that passes understanding even in the battles we can't "opt out" of fighting (Philippians 4:7).


Christ is still fighting for His people today in the battle against sin, and He gives us His victory (2 Corinthians 2:14).


Even in His judgment, God is good and wants to give grace and compassion (Psalm 145:9). So although others might not always respond to us peacefully, we should offer peace in Jesus' name (Romans 12:18).


We learn to fight right when we trust in God's victory, not our own (1 Corinthians 15:57). First 5


1 Corinthians 14:39–40

39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues. 40 Let all things be done decently and in order. The New King James Version


1 Corinthians 12:10

10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills. The New King James Version


The way to keep peace, truth, and order in the church, is to seek that which is good for it, to bear with that which is not hurtful to its welfare, and to keep up good behaviour, order, and decency. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


1 Corinthians 12:31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.


1 Corinthians 14:1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.


1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment