Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Daniel 8:18-22

No one knows when the end will come but it will arrive when Jesus returns!


Until His return it our privilege to seek peace for all people and spread the Good News which is for everyone who chooses to accept salvation.


Joy in in the Lord is our source of strength!


Let us remember... Grace is alive.
We can live, open to gratitude, and compassion, and gifts of tenderness, and the love found even in broken (or unfinished) places... and when we do, we know that hope is real.
So. Let us love one another into existence.
Spill your light my friends. Sabbath Moments 


The Work of Christmas
When the song of the angels is stilled,
When the star in the sky is gone,
When the kings and the princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their flock,
The work of Christmas begins:
To find the lost,
To heal the broken,
To feed the hungry,
To release the prisoner,
To rebuild the nations,
To bring peace among brothers,
To make music in the heart.
Howard Thurman


Daniel 8:18-22

18 Now, as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep with my face to the ground; but he touched me, and stood me upright. 19 And he said, “Look, I am making known to you what shall happen in the latter time of the indignation; for at the appointed time the end shall be. 20 The ram which you saw, having the two horns—they are the kings of Media and Persia. 21 And the male goat is the kingdom of Greece. The large horn that is between its eyes is the first king. 22 As for the broken horn and the four that stood up in its place, four kingdoms shall arise out of that nation, but not with its power. The New King James Version


The indignation is that of the Lord against those who have rebelled against His dominion. The end indicates that this judgment is against all those in rebellion against God, especially those living at the time just before the coming of Christ. 


The two horns represent the two countries of Media and Persia. It is significant that the two are regarded as one empire, represented by the ram. The first king of Greece was Alexander the Great. None of Alexander’s four generals ruled with the strength of Alexander. The NKJV Study Bible


Daniel’s fainting and astonishment at the prospect of evils he saw coming on his people and the church, confirm the opinion that long-continued calamities were foretold. The vision being ended, a charge was given to Daniel to keep it private for the present. He kept it to himself, and went on to do the duty of his place. As long as we live in this world we must have something to do in it; and even those whom God has most honoured, must not think themselves above their business. Nor must the pleasure of communion with God take us from the duties of our callings, but we must in them abide with God. 


Thus should we endeavour to compose our minds for attending to the duties to which each is appointed, in the church and in the world.  Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary


Daniel 10:10 Suddenly, a hand touched me, which made me tremble on my knees and on the palms of my hands.


Daniel 10:16 And suddenly, one having the likeness of the sons of men touched my lips; then I opened my mouth and spoke, saying to him who stood before me, “My lord, because of the vision my sorrows have overwhelmed me, and I have retained no strength.


Daniel 10:18 Then again, the one having the likeness of a man touched me and strengthened me.

No comments:

Post a Comment