Sunday, August 21, 2022

Life Church Vineyard

Pastor Mitch Price


After God’s Own Heart


You are all that I need!


There is a common thread in the realization that in confession there is a sense of relief. 


Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and false short of the glory of God


Romans 6:23 for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus our Lord


Sin comes at a  cost…it took the sacrifice of Jesus  to cover them. We all need a Savior.


1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.


When we confess and repent from our sins we are restored in Jesus.


God knows us perfectly. He knows the good, the bad and the ugly parts of our life and loves us anyway!! He loved us so much that He gave the perfect, spotless life of His only begotten Son to die in our place.


At Life Church we are a family on a mission! 

A place to be needed & known, 

discipled & equipped. 


We want to be a light in this dark world. A place to be needed & known, discipled & equipped.


Lord show me…me. Help me to know myself and to be changed, precept by precept to the image of Christ. 


Psalm 139:23-24

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; 24 And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.


David recognized his sin and repented. 

David sought to know himself and to change.  

God saw David’s heart. 


Psalm 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I acknowledge my transgressions, And my sin is always before me. 4 Against You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight— That You may be found just when You speak, And blameless when You judge. 5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me. 6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. 7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 8 Make me hear joy and gladness, That the bones You have broken may rejoice. 9 Hide Your face from my sins, And blot out all my iniquities. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.


Psalm 51:13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You. 14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, The God of my salvation, And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness. 15 O Lord, open my lips, And my mouth shall show forth Your praise.


We must receive the truth of His goodness and grace and release that truth to others. In sharing our walk in faith and what He has brought us through we encourage others. 


We are not able…God is!!


If are ready and willing He is able to accomplish His will in your life.


Ephesians 3: 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen


We just need to be willing to have Him enable us to be His hands and feet to others.


Feeling love is not the same as showing love.


Hebrews 12: 1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.


What is weighing us down? We serve a God who cares. 


No comments:

Post a Comment