Sunday, August 14, 2022

Life Church Vineyard

Better is one day in Your house than thousands elsewhere!


There’s nothing better than You. Only You can satisfy.


Psalm 47:1-2

1 Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph! 2 For the Lord Most High is awesome; He is a great King over all the earth.


You alone are enough! You are all I need!


Psalm 23:1-3

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.


Oh how sweet it is to trust in You Jesus!


After God’s Own Heart

When we sit down to do our little things God fills it out to make it a big thing for His glory!


Ready Willing and Able


Are you willing? 

Are you ready? 

Are you able? 

If you are willing God is able!!


God is not looking for the smartest, or the most qualified. He is looking for those who are after His own heart. 


Acts 13:22

22 And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’


1 Samuel 13:14

14 But now your (Saul’s) kingdom shall not continue. The Lord has sought for Himself a man after His own heart, and the Lord has commanded him to be commander over His people, because you have not kept what the Lord commanded you.”


1 Samuel 16:6

5 And he said, “Peaceably; I have come to sacrifice to the Lord. Sanctify yourselves, and come with me to the sacrifice.” Then he consecrated Jesse and his sons, and invited them to the sacrifice. 6 So it was, when they came, that he looked at Eliab and said, “Surely the Lord’s anointed is before Him!” 7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”


1 Samuel 16:

12 So he sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, with bright eyes, and good-looking. And the Lord said, “Arise, anoint him; for this is the one!” 13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah.


This was before David committed many of his sins, including adultery with Bathsheba and the murder of her husband Uriah…God knows all things, our past and our future, but He saw David’s heart. How was God able to call him a man after His own heart. David repented.


Psalm 51:1-12

1 Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I acknowledge my transgressions, And my sin is always before me. 


7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 8 Make me hear joy and gladness, That the bones You have broken may rejoice. 9 Hide Your face from my sins, And blot out all my iniquities. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.


We need to deal with our sin against God. We can allow our guilt to breech our relationship with Him or we can repent and seek Him. When we come before God in repentance we are totally restored. He looks at our heart. David was broken in his sin. His desire was to restore his relationship with the Father that he so loved. 


2 Corinthians 4:8-9

8 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—


No comments:

Post a Comment