Sunday, March 6, 2022

Life Church Vineyard

Pastor Mitch Price


Holy, holy, holy

Is the Lord God almighty

With all creation I sing

Praise to the King of kings

You are my everything and I will adore You.


Philippians 2:5-11

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


We need a true perspective of who God is in order to pray. God is a good Father who loves to hear from His children. The Holy Spirit seeks to use His power in each and every one of our lives for the growth of His Kingdom. He works in us and through us to reach others. 


“Come to Me with expectancy but without expectations!” Pastor Mitch


He always shows up. He is for you and with you wanting you to succeed. Our words have the power of life and death and through them we expect God to show up. A life yielded to Christ in humbleness will produce the fruit of the Spirit. We need to abide in Him. He is the vine and we are the branches in Him we will bear much fruit.


We need to keep up a habit of constant communion with Him. Resting in Him and pouring our hearts out to Him.


Spiritual Disciplines:

The practice of training people to obey rules is the definition that society gives us.


“To follow and learn from a master teacher.” As Christians we call it discipleship. 


It is a learning experiences that changes us precept by precept into the image of Christ.


Purposeful Practices

The training, behaviors, habits, activities and exercises someone can use in order to become more like Jesus.


John 14:12-15 

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. 15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments


1 Timothy 4:7-8

7 But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. 8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come


The Holy Spirit takes the teachings of Jesus and brings them to life in our hearts.


Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”


John 15:5-9

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. 9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.


No comments:

Post a Comment