Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Ezekiel 22:29-31

Voting Day in the USA…God grant us peace!

This past 4 years we have called evil, good and good, evil. Grant us the courage to stand for what is right. Praying that you do not leave us to reap what we have sown.


Ezekiel 22:29-31

29 The people of the land have used oppressions, committed robbery, and mistreated the poor and needy; and they wrongfully oppress the stranger. 30 So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one. 31 Therefore I have poured out My indignation on them; I have consumed them with the fire of My wrath; and I have recompensed their deeds on their own heads,” says the Lord God.


Even common people are guilty of injustice and violating the principles of the covenant. Yahweh cannot find even one righteous person to justify deferring His judgment a little longer. The prophets failed to fulfill their responsibility in this role.


Finding no righteous person, Yahweh has no choice but to punish Israel. Faithlife Bible


As go the leaders so go the followers. The people of the land were average citizens or commoners. God could not find a spiritual leader to guide the people in godliness. Why not Ezekiel? A qualified leader is useless if people refuse to be led. NKJ Bible.


Exodus 23:9 “Also you shall not oppress a stranger, for you know the heart of a stranger, because you were strangers in the land of Egypt.


Leviticus 19:33 ‘And if a stranger dwells with you in your land, you shall not mistreat him.


Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, to turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them.


Isaiah 59:16 He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor; therefore His own arm brought salvation for Him; and His own righteousness, it sustained Him.


Isaiah 63:5 I looked, but there was no one to help, and I wondered that there was no one to uphold; therefore My own arm brought salvation for Me; and My own fury, it sustained Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment