Friday, November 27, 2020

1 Timothy 5:1-1

I lost my aunt yesterday, she was 4 years older than me, my mother's youngest sister. My brother and I were allowed into Primrose, who is in lockdown, to share the news of her passing. There are times that I wish I wasn't the only one who lives in our hometown.There are other times that I thank God for allowing me to share my parents life in such an intimate way these many years. Rest in peace Aunt Sandy...rest in God's loving arms. Say hi to Jamey and Daddy for me!

Treat all people with respect and the dignity of being a creation of  God especially fellow believers.


Always remember that God shows no partiality but He invites all  to His supper. It is up to them to accept His  gift in Jesus. 


1 Timothy 5:1–2

5 Do not rebuke an older man, but exhort him as a father, younger men as brothers, 2 older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, with all purity.


Paul writes about several groups within the church under Timothy’s charge. He begins by providing instructions regarding different age groups. Faithlife Bible.


This is a word of caution to young men. They must respect the purity of the younger women as the purity of a sister. They are commanded to show respect, a respect demonstrated by one’s attitude. NKJ Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment