Monday, May 11, 2020


Do the doctrines of man make it harder for believers to enter into salvation? Catholic, Jew or Gentile?

It was too small a thing that Jesus came to save only the Jews. He came to save the world! John 3:16

I believe that the Catholic Church is based on the traditions of the Jewish converts to Christ. I also believe that Peter was the Apostle upon whom the rock was built and that he determined the traditions and doctrines that became the foundation of the Catholic Church. That said are we not all Gentiles who were not born Jew? Do we, by our birth into the Catholic family, automatically become members of the Jewish converts into Christianity?

Is it enough that we only follow the Pauline scriptures to determine our association with Christ? Is once a Catholic always a Catholic? So many questions. God has spoken to me through  Holy Spirit since childhood. I never thought it strange and I never questioned it was Him. I was born and raised Catholic. I attended Catholic schools. I went to confession every Saturday in order to receive Communion at Mass. Many weekday I attended Mass before school. But after my divorce and going to many evangelical, charismatic Churches, sometimes 4 days a week, my walk became deeper and more frequent. Visions and prophesy were added to it. A 2 year long teaching by Holy Spirit where He brought the Scriptures to life as He led me through Bible. Wakening me many times in the middle of the night to show me something in the Bible. Let me state from the beginning that this had everything to do with seeking, asking and knocking and nothing to do with my goodness, far, far from it. So what does this mean to a small, Catholic girl who had nothing to offer but everything to gain?

I am to this day unsure. Am I Catholic or Protestant? He told me many, years ago that I was a believer according to the Apostle Paul. I now think that this meant I would honor both the Catholic and Gentile Church as Paul did. He associated with the Jewish converts under the Apostolic teachings of Peter but his calling was with the Gentiles and God used him to spread the Gospel to the world. It may remain a mystery to me until I am present with the Lord. 

I am so very humbled by His love for me and for you!!

The Christian leaders were not asking Gentiles to live like Jews; neither did they want to compel Jews to live like Gentiles. The spiritual unity of the body of believers is realized in its diversity, not in its conformity. From our diverse backgrounds and cultures we honor the same Lord. NKJ Bible.

James affirms the decision of the Jerusalem Council (Acts 15:19). Paul’s actions are purely social, showing respect for Israelite customs. Faithlife Bible.

Acts 21:25
25 But concerning the Gentiles who believe, we have written and decided that they should observe no such thing, except that they should keep themselves from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.”

Acts 15:19 | Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God,

Acts 15:20 | but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood.

Acts 15:29 | that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.Farewell.



This was on my mind when I woke up this morning…
2 Chronicles 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

No comments:

Post a Comment