Wednesday, July 31, 2019

John 8:28-32

If we believe in Jesus and the salvation that can only come through Him…we will be saved. 

If we listen closely to the promptings of the Holy Spirit we will know our sins. The truth of that and asking for forgiveness allows us to remain in Him. In lifting Jesus up and sharing His gift of salvation, offered to all as a free gift, we spread the Good News of the Gospel.This faith pleases God.

God doesn’t want anyone to spend eternity without Him.

The Greek phrase translated believed in occurs almost exclusively in John’s Gospel. The phrase describes faith in Jesus’ message, which results in eternal life. A believer who continues to obey the Word is a disciple, a learner.

Obedience to the Lord means fellowship with Him, protection from sin, and experiencing His love. NKJ Bible

John 8:28–32 (NKJV)
28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. 29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.” 30 As He spoke these words, many believed in Him.
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

John 5:30 (NKJV)
30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

Deuteronomy 18:18 (NKJV)

18 I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment