Thursday, October 25, 2018

Hosea 2:21-22 Catholic Bible

And when you see the errors of your ways, then you will call on Me and you will find Me. When you humble yourself in His righteousness and His grace then you will be established.

In righteousness and in justice are the central ethical principles of the Old Testament. Faithlife Bible.

Betrothal was a binding commitment, the last step before the wedding and consummation. The Lord emphasized that the new marriage between Himself and Israel would be permanent. NKJ Bible.

The betrothal was the legal moment before cohabitation when the dowry was paid to the father of the bride. In this remarriage the Lord gives the bride price to Israel herself “forever.” Justice and judgment refer to equity and fairness of conduct. The next two terms, “loyalty” (hesed), the steadfast love between the covenant partners, and “compassion,” maternal love are characteristic of Hosea. You will know, not an abstract but a practical knowledge, which means acknowledgment of God’s will and obedience to his law. Catholic Bible online.

Hosea 2:19–20 (NKJV)
19 I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me
In righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
20 I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the Lord.

Hosea 2:21-22 (Catholic online Bible)
I will betroth you to me forever:
I will betroth you to me with* justice and with judgment,
with loyalty and with compassion;
I will betroth you to me with fidelity,
and you shall know the LORD.

Jeremiah 31:33 (NKJV)
33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Jeremiah 31:34 (NKJV)
34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Hosea 6:6 (NKJV)
6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice,
And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Hosea 13:4 (NKJV)
4 Yet I am the Lord your God
Ever since the land of Egypt,
And you shall know no God but Me;
For there is no savior besides Me.

John 17:3 (NKJV)

And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment