Tuesday, July 10, 2018

1 Corinthians 9:16-18

We do what, in our fleshly selves, we do not want to do out of the grace that we have been shown in Christ Jesus!

I became all things to all men that I might save a few!

God set apart Paul to proclaim the gospel message. Therefore, he is compelled to preach it even in the face of opposition. Faithlife Bible.

Paul had the right to eat and drink whatever he wanted, to have a wife, and to receive wages for his ministry. But he did not exercise these rights. NKJ Bible.

1 Corinthians 9:16–18 (NKJV)
16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! 17 For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship. 18 What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel.

John 4:36 (NKJV)

36 And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.

No comments:

Post a Comment