Thursday, December 21, 2017

Winter A.D. 29

God will take the smallest faith and through the power of the Holy Spirit fill the whole of you with His light. Seek and you will find the very meaning of eternal life in Christ Jesus. 

The whole world will be full of His glory!

The kingdom will start small, but will grow and eventually fill the earth. The emphasis is not so much on a process of growth as in the difference between the kingdom’s beginning and its end. Faithlife Bible.

Jesus reminded the Jewish leaders of His words and works. Jesus was the Messiah and said so. He told the woman at the well that He was the Messiah, as well as the man born blind. His works include all the miracles He performed as signs pointing to His messiahship.

Jesus described three characteristics of His sheep: (1) They hear His voice. He knows them. (2) They follow Him. The following of the sheep is a metaphor for faith. (3) They shall never perish; their eternal life can never be taken away. NKJ Bible.

The Father’s hand is more powerful than that of any enemy.

Luke 13:18–21 (NKJV)
18 Then He said, “What is the kingdom of God like? And to what shall I compare it? 19 It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and put in his garden; and it grew and became a large tree, and the birds of the air nested in its branches.
20 And again He said, “To what shall I liken the kingdom of God? 21 It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened.”

John 10:25–30 (NKJV)

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment