Friday, June 9, 2017

Zephaniah 1:2-3


In the blink of an eye, 1-2-3, it will be done. In God’s timing and according to His plan the world will change and evil will be destroyed.

Stumbling blocks here refers to idolatry, or substitutes for God in the life and affections of a person. Because there is nothing in the universe that really may be compared to the Creator, God abhors all forms of idolatry. The NKJV Study Bible 

Zephaniah 1:2–3 (NKJV)
2 “I will utterly consume everything
From the face of the land,”
Says the Lord;
3 “I will consume man and beast;
I will consume the birds of the heavens,
The fish of the sea,
And the stumbling blocks along with the wicked.
I will cut off man from the face of the land,”
Says the Lord.

Isaiah 40:25 (NKJV)
25 “To whom then will you liken Me,
Or to whom shall I be equal?” says the Holy One.

1:2 I will surely destroy everything 

No comments:

Post a Comment