Thursday, June 22, 2017

John 14:1-4


The loss of my only son 13 years later is still a raw wound covered only by the blood of  JESUS. I would never have gotten through his passing if I did not have the peace of knowing that to be absent from this world is to be present in GODS’. To know that HE gave the life of his only begotten SON to die in my place is a gift i could never deserve and could never repay. it is only in His mercy and grace that we have hope.

We live because He died.

Jesus is referring to the heavenly abode, where God the Father sits enthroned. Jesus had already declared God’s symbolic earthly dwelling, the temple, to be insignificant in comparison to God’s work through His new temple, Jesus. This and Jesus’ condemnation of the conduct of the earthly keepers of His “Father’s house” establish Jesus as a better, heavenly alternative. Faithlife Study Bible.

Through His death and resurrection, Jesus is the way to the Father. He is also the truth and the life. As truth, He is the revelation of God. As life, He is the communication of God to us. The NKJ Study Bible.

John 14:1–4 (NKJV)
14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

Matthew 25:34 (NKJV)
34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Isaiah 63:15 (NKJV)
15 Look down from heaven,
And see from Your habitation, holy and glorious.
Where are Your zeal and Your strength,
The yearning of Your heart and Your mercies toward me?

Are they restrained?

No comments:

Post a Comment