Thursday, February 2, 2017

Lamentations 3:22-24

Amazing Grace! Great is Your faithfulness. 

Our faith in God and faithfulness to His values is precious in His sight. Christ within is our hope of pleasing Him. 

The evidence of His fruit in us is His gift to a dying world.

The Book of Lamentations reveals the broken heart of the prophet Jeremiah. In forceful poetry, Jeremiah expresses his grief over the national tragedy that had unfolded before his eyes: Jerusalem, God’s city, had fallen to the Babylonians. Jeremiah’s sorrow and tears were not for his own personal loss, however, but for the sinfulness of the Israelites. The people of Israel had chosen to reject God. The very fact that there was a prophet left to write these words and a remnant left to read them show that not every person in Jerusalem had been consumed. The fact that there was a remnant at all was due to the mercies and compassions of God. 

Even in His wrath, God remembers to be merciful.

Here is the heart of the Book of Lamentations. The comforting, compassionate character of God dominates the wreckage of every other institution and office. God remains “full of grace and truth” in every situation.The NKJV Study Bible.

Hope is not a wishful thought, but a confident expectation in the Lord.

Lamentations 3:22–24 (NKJV)
22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”

38 But He, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, And did not destroy them. Yes, many a time He turned His anger away, And did not stir up all His wrath; 
Psalm 78:38

12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say: ‘Return, backsliding Israel,’ says the Lord; ‘I will not cause My anger to fall on you. For I am merciful,’ says the Lord; ‘I will not remain angry forever. 
Jeremiah 3:12

26 My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 
Psalm 73:26

7 Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me. 

Micah 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment