Monday, June 3, 2013

Jonah 2:7-10


Speak but a word and my soul will be healed! Just as Jonah was in the belly of the whale for 3 days and 3 nights so was the Son of Man who came to earth to conquer death, once and for all, to offer eternal life to those who accept His gift of salvation. No matter our past when we turn our life over to the One who loves us most......our present becomes eternity and we return to God who knows every hair on our head and every thought and intent of our soul.....and He loves us back to Him!

Jonah reaffirms his faith in the Lord and renews his commitment to Him. Mercy (loyal love), the term that so often describes God’s faithfulness to His covenant and to His people is used as a name for the Lord. Jonah declares that he will keep his promise, a pledge both to sacrifice and to acknowledge God’s help. It is the Lord who delivers His people. God acts on behalf of His creation and the redeemed community to insure a relationship with them .

Jonah 2:7-10

7 When my soul fainted within me, 
I remembered the Lord
And my prayer went up to You, 
Into Your holy temple. 

8 Those who regard worthless idols 
Forsake their own Mercy. 

9 But I will sacrifice to You 
With the voice of thanksgiving
I will pay what I have vowed. 
Salvation is of the Lord.” 

10 So the Lord spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment