Friday, November 9, 2012

Ezekiel 34:15-16


God seeks the broken and discarded of the world and makes them whole! Keep in mind that the ones Jesus had the most disdain for were the religious right who thought that they had all the answers by their rules and regulations... tossing aside the love of God. God loves all people.... we better get used to it if we want to do His work.

Compare the Lord’s persistent shepherding and guiding of His people with the faithlessness of Israel’s leaders in v. 6....6 My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and on every high hill; yes, My flock was scattered over the whole face of the earth, and no one was seeking or searching for them.” 

Israel, though guilty and misguided, would eventually be rescued by the divine Good Shepherd and restored to the Promised Land.

Ezekiel 34:15-16

15 I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down,” says the Lord God. 16 “I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and the strong, and feed them in judgment.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment