Thursday, January 13, 2011

John 15:12-17

Jesus loved His Father and His Father loved the world so much that He sacrificed His only begotten Son so that anyone who believed in Him would live forever with Him. If God loves you enough to die for you that is good enough for me. This world needs us to follow the command of God and to love. Such a simple thing but we make it so hard and so subjective. He did not ask us to do this… He commanded us to do this…..then when we are so full of His love for His creation then we can lift Him up and all will see His glory!



To abide, a believer must obey. The supreme example of love is Jesus’ humility in sacrificial service. Jesus is our model for love. Intimacy with Him is the motive for loving as He loves. If believers obey His command to love, they enjoy the intimacy of His friendship. Note that friendship, unlike sonship, is not a once-for-all gift, but develops as the result of obeying Jesus’ command to love.

John 15:12-17

12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment