Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ezekiel 36:25-29

When we accept the salvation of Jesus Christ in water Baptism we are cleansed from original sin. In the Baptism of the Holy Spirit we are given the very heart of God to dwell within us and to guide us, precept upon precept, into the mind and will of God. It is all about Him and  His righteousness and nothing about our righteousness.


This is God’s forgiveness based on a blood atonement. The ritual of purification from sin would be empty and meaningless apart from true repentance and the regenerating and empowering work of the Holy Spirit on the inner spirit of individuals. God would not only restore the people physically to the land, but would restore them spiritually, by giving them a new heart and new spirit to help them follow Him and do His will.

Ezekiel 36:25-29

25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment