Thursday, June 25, 2009

Psalm 119:1-16

We need to seek God with our whole heart, mind and spirit. Only when we study and learn His ways can we keep them. Shame and guilt are used by Satan to chain us to our past and stop us from our future. He is the accuser of the brethren and he knows his job well. There is no condemnation is Christ
Jesus.
Ask and He will give you the Holy Spirit to teach you His ways.

א Aleph

1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, Who walk in the law of the Lord!

2 Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,


Who seek Him with the whole heart!

3 They also do no iniquity;

They walk in His ways.

4 You have commanded us

To keep Your precepts diligently.

5 Oh, that my ways were directed

To keep Your statutes!

6 Then I would not be ashamed,

When I look into all Your commandments.

7 I will praise You with uprightness of heart,

When I learn Your righteous judgments.

8 I will keep Your statutes;

Oh, do not forsake me utterly!

ב Beth

9 How can a young man cleanse his way?

By taking heed according to Your word.

10 With my whole heart I have sought You;

Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!

11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,

That I might not sin against You.

12 Blessed are You, O Lord!

Teach me Your statutes.

13 With my lips I have declared

All the judgments of Your mouth.

14 I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,

As much as in all riches.

15 I will meditate on Your precepts,

And contemplate Your ways.

16 I will delight myself in Your statutes;


I will not forget Your word.

The NKJV Study Bible says this: Psalm 119 celebrates the Word of God in a way that is almost exhaustive. Within the psalm, eight words for God's Law occur again and again: law; testimonies; promise; precepts; statutes; commandments; judgments; word. The psalm uses the full meaning of all these words as it elaborates on the application of the Law of God to both daily life and Israel's destiny. The Law is never considered a curse; it is always seen as a gift from God.
The psalmist cannot stop praising God for His mercy and goodness in providing His people with instructions for living. The Hebrew word torah, translated law, basically means "instruction" or "direction." The Law was never designed as a means of salvation; no one could be saved by keeping it. The Lord gave His law to a people with whom He had already graciously established a covenantal relationship. Instead, the Law was the means for the Israelites to learn how to live as God's holy people. In the Law, God mercifully pointed out the right path to follow.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment