1 Peter 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
These days the stress of the world seems to rest on our shoulders. Who knows but maybe we were made for days such as these. The truth that we do not have any control over it weighs heavily on our mind and our heart. We need to be reminded daily that the power of our prayers and supplications are brought before our holy God and He listens to them. Holy Spirit will direct us to be doers where we can help and the rest is in the very hands of our Creator. Without the peace that only Christ can give us we have no hope. Carla
Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. (NKJV)
Seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness means to desire God’s righteous rule on this earth and leave the rest to Him. The NKJV Study Bible
Jesus is not telling people to postpone their worrying for a day; He is instructing them to stop worrying altogether and to rely on God’s gracious provision. Faithlife Study Bible
Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
Matthew 6:27
Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?“
Today, Wendell Berry died at his home in Port Royal, Kentucky at the age of 92. Wendell was one of my favorite writers.
He was a writer, yes; and a farmer, environmentalist, scholar and poet. I connected with him, and his profound love of gardening, and his commitment to care for the planet we call home.
It is the gift of awareness and connection to “this place”—this sacred place, the sacred ground on which we stand, and the invitation to care, encourage, nurture, and “rest in its grace”.
The poems of Wendell Berry invite us to stop, to think, to see the world around us, and to savor what is good.
Rest in Peace, Wendell.
And one of my favorite poems—which I’ve quoted in a Sabbath Moment in the past—is “The Peace of Wild Things”.
“When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.”
Wendell Berry – The Peace of Wild Things.
Connection to “this place” links us back to our theme this week, because of the reminder that we are on this journey together.
And so I’m grateful for those in my life who have said, “Take my hand, we’ll find our way together.”
“Take my hand” is a way of saying, “I see you. You are Real. And you matter.”
Presence does not distinguish. Or judge. Presence just is.
Meaning that presence makes space. For healing, and restoration, and grounding, and recovery.
Because in the touch, we can be present.
In the touch, we create heart space.
In the touch, we’re in the mending business.
Sabbath Moments
No comments:
Post a Comment