Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
“The refusal to take sides on great moral issues is itself a decision. It is a silent acquiescence to evil. The Tragedy of our time is that those who still believe in honesty lack fire and conviction, while those who believe in dishonesty are full of passionate conviction.” Fr. Fulton J. Sheen
The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. Our future is in the hands of God. He never leaves us or turns His back on us. He cares for us! We are safe in His hands to do good works and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We can do small things with great love. Peace, His peace, He gives to us. Not the peace that this world offers us but His peace which is beyond our understanding in times of turmoil. God cares for us!. Blessed is He who takes away the sins of the world. Carla
Isaiah 41:12-13
12 You shall seek them and not find them—
Those who contended with you.
Those who war against you
Shall be as nothing,
As a nonexistent thing.
13 For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’ (NKJV)
The Lord will hold the exile’s right hand (42:6) just as He held the hand of Moses (63:12). The Lord is with them; they have nothing to fear. The NKV Study Bible
God is behind their power. Having God at your right hand assured victory. Faithlife Study Bible
Isaiah 42:6
“I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness,
And will hold Your hand;
I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the Gentiles,
Psalm 73:23
Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You hold me by my right hand.
Isaiah 41:14
“Fear not, you worm Jacob,
You men of Israel!
I will help you,” says the LORDAnd your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
In his book, “A Pretty Good Person”, Lewis Smedes wrote: “A federal judge had ordered New Orleans to open its public school to African-American children. The white parents decided that, if they had to let black children in, they would keep their children out. They let it be known that any black children who came to school would be in for trouble. So the black children stayed home, too.
Except Ruby Bridges. Her parents sent her to school all by herself, six years old.
Every morning she walked alone through a heckling crowd to an empty school. White people lined up on both sides of the way and shook their fists at her. They threatened to do terrible things to her if she kept coming to their school. But every morning at ten minutes to eight Ruby walked, head up, eyes ahead, straight through the mob.
Two U.S. marshals walked ahead of her and two walked behind her. Then she spent the day alone with her teachers inside that big, silent school building.
Harvard professor Robert Coles was curious about what went into the making of courageous children like Ruby Bridges. He talked to Ruby's mother and reported what she said. ‘There's a lot of people who talk about doing good, and a lot of people who argue about what's good and what's not good,’ but there are other folks who ‘just put their lives on the line for what's right.’”
And I say, “Amen”.
I am also telling this story today, because September 8th was Ruby’s 72nd birthday. Happy Birthday Ruby, and thank you, for the light you continue to spill as a peacemaker and healer.
Whether we recognize it or not, all of us are born with moral courage. True, it does get buried in stuff, and noise, and fear. But it is there. It is the willingness to stand up for what is right, even when it is uncomfortable, unpopular, or risky. It is speaking out against injustice, challenging unethical behavior, and refusing to compromise our values—even when silence feels safer. “Sabbath Moments”
No comments:
Post a Comment