Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Zechariah 13:9

 God corrects those He loves, those believers who have chosen to accept Jesus. He will not leave us as He found us. 


It is said that in the process of refining silver the silversmith can never take his eyes off the silver until he can see his image in it.


Zechariah 13:9

9 I will bring the one-third through the fire,

Will refine them as silver is refined,

And test them as gold is tested.

They will call on My name,

And I will answer them.

I will say, ‘This is My people’;

And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’ ”


A covenant formula expressing the intimate relationship between Yahweh and Israel. Hosea uses this formulaic language to describe breaking as well as restoring the relationship. Faithlife Bible.


The remnant that survives will be purged, purified, and reestablished in a covenant relationship with God. The smelting pot uses intense heat to separate the dross from pure metal. Once refined, precious metal must be analyzed to determine its value. The expressions this is My people and the Lord is my God recall the covenant and speak here of a covenant renewal to a spiritually revitalized Israel. NKJ Bible.


Because of the sin of the Jews in rejecting and crucifying Christ, and in opposing his gospel, the Romans would destroy the greater part. But a remnant would be saved. And if we are his people, we shall be refined as gold; he will be God, and the end of all our trials and sufferings will be praise, and honour, and glory, at the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew Henry commentary.


Isaiah 48:10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.


Jeremiah 30:22 ‘You shall be My people,And I will be your God.’ ”


Malachi 3:3 | He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer to the LORD an offering in righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment