Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Ezekiel 21:1-7

The time is coming, it may be now, that all eyes will look up and see Jesus. Then all creation will know that God is sovereign. In the unity of the Godhead all-power, all-glory, all- honor belong.

Seek Jesus while He may be found!

This pairing shows that God was going to allow the dreadful temporal consequences of sin to affect everyone in the land, both faithful and unfaithful. NKJ Bible.

The Hebrew word for the sanctuaries used here, miqdash, is usually singular and refers to the Jerusalem temple; however, in this verse it is plural in most Hebrew manuscripts. If the plural was intended, Ezekiel likely is pronouncing judgment on the many local shrines used for idol worship in the area. Faithlife Bible.

Ezekiel 21:1-7
21 And the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, set your face toward Jerusalem, preach against the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel; 3 and say to the land of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord: “Behold, I am against you, and I will draw My sword out of its sheath and cut off both righteous and wicked from you. 4 Because I will cut off both righteous and wicked from you, therefore My sword shall go out of its sheath against all flesh from south to north, 5 that all flesh may know that I, the Lord, have drawn My sword out of its sheath; it shall not return anymore.” ’ 6 Sigh therefore, son of man, with a breaking heart, and sigh with bitterness before their eyes. 7 And it shall be when they say to you, ‘Why are you sighing?’ that you shall answer, ‘Because of the news; when it comes, every heart will melt, all hands will be feeble, every spirit will faint, and all knees will be weak as water. Behold, it is coming and shall be brought to pass,’ says the Lord God.”

Isaiah 45:23 | I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return,That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath.

Isaiah 55:11 | So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.


Jeremiah 4:19 | O my soul, my soul! I am pained in my very heart! My heart makes a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace,Because you have heard, O my soul, The sound of the trumpet, The alarm of war.

No comments:

Post a Comment