Thursday, June 20, 2019

Hosea 2:14-20

God is always good, merciful and kind. He is faithful when we are not and will draw us to Him even when we stray far from Him. We are safe…loved and protected!

I love you!

The Hebrew text, my husband, can literally be rendered “my man.” In Hebrew, a woman’s husband can be described as her man. The verse contrasts this term with the Hebrew word ba’al, meaning “lord” or “master,” which also can refer to a woman’s husband. Faithlife Bible.

Having separated Israel from her lovers, the Lord would seek to win her back by making romantic overtures and wooing her with tender words of love.

Israel would call the Lord her Husband, not her Master, because the latter title might have reminded the people of their former devotion to Baal. The word Baal can mean “Master.” The Lord emphasized that the new marriage between Himself and Israel would be permanent. Israel would respond positively to the Lord’s love and acknowledge that He is her husband and benefactor.
Hosea 2:14-20
God’s Mercy on His People
14 “Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
Will bring her into the wilderness,
And speak comfort to her.
15 I will give her her vineyards from there,
And the Valley of Achor as a door of hope;
She shall sing there,
As in the days of her youth,
As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.
16 “And it shall be, in that day,”
Says the Lord,
“That you will call Me ‘My Husband,’
And no longer call Me ‘My Master,’
17 For I will take from her mouth the names of the Baals,
And they shall be remembered by their name no more.
18 In that day I will make a covenant for them
With the beasts of the field,
With the birds of the air,
And with the creeping things of the ground.
Bow and sword of battle I will shatter from the earth,
To make them lie down safely.
19 “I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me
In righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
20 I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the Lord.

Jeremiah 23:6 (NKJV)
6 In His days Judah will be saved,
And Israel will dwell safely;
Now this is His name by which He will be called:
THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS

Ezekiel 34:25 (NKJV)

25 I will make a covenant of peace with them, and cause wild beasts to cease from the land; and they will dwell safely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment