Monday, January 21, 2019

Zephaniah 3:19-20

God Cares and He is faithful!

If we place our total trust in Him we are fearless for good in this world.

Zephaniah ends with salvation and consolation. The people of Jerusalem should rejoice since they no longer have anything to fear; Yahweh has taken away judgment and once again dwells among His people. Zephaniah’s closing message takes up Yahweh’s promises throughout the book about salvation and restoration, encouraging faith in the future fulfillment of those promises. The call to rejoice is a call to believe in God’s faithfulness. Faithlife Bible.

God is going to make all things right. Those who are enemies of God’s truth will be gathered and removed; those who are disenfranchised, God will restore. Ordinarily Scripture speaks of the praise that should be brought to God. Here we find the praise that God will bring to His people. As in the beginning of His dealings with Abraham and Sarah, where God promised blessing, honor, and a renowned name, so here God promises fame and praise to each individual in His family. NKJ Bible.

Zephaniah 3:19–20 (NKJV)
19 Behold, at that time
I will deal with all who afflict you;
I will save the lame,
And gather those who were driven out;
I will appoint them for praise and fame
In every land where they were put to shame.
20 At that time I will bring you back,
Even at the time I gather you;
For I will give you fame and praise
Among all the peoples of the earth,
When I return your captives before your eyes,”
Says the Lord.

Micah 4:6 (NKJV)
6 “In that day,” says the Lord,
“I will assemble the lame,
I will gather the outcast
And those whom I have afflicted;

Isaiah 11:12 (NKJV)
12 He will set up a banner for the nations,
And will assemble the outcasts of Israel,
And gather together the dispersed of Judah

From the four corners of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment