Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Psalm 71:17-18

Open my mouth to speak of Your wondrous works. 
To tell of all that You do for Your creation especially for those who trust only in You.

I was nine or ten years old when I first remember placing all of my hope, all of my trust, all of the protection of me into the loving hands of my God. Although I have failed Him many times He has never failed me…never. He was, He is and will always be my loving Daddy… in the good and in the bad and in the downright ugly times of my life. 

Forever I will love Him, forever will I trust only Him, forever I will rest in His arms.

Psalm 71 is a psalm of lament with a major focus on the psalmist’s trust in God.The poet has trusted in God all his life.

Psalm 71:17–18 (NKJV)
17 O God, You have taught me from my youth;
And to this day I declare Your wondrous works.
18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to everyone who is to come.


4 Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you
Isaiah 46:4

Surely I have taught you statutes and judgments, just as the Lord my God commanded me, that you should act according to them in the land which you go to possess. 
Deuteronomy 4:5

You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 

Deuteronomy 6:7

No comments:

Post a Comment