Friday, August 12, 2016

1 Chronicles 22:6-12

War with its bloodshed displeases the Father. But He is faithful even when we are not. Solomon was born of Bathsheba, the wife of Uriah, whom David sent to war to be killed so that he could have her as his wife. David’s firstborn son of that union died as an infant. But even out of that mortal sin God still blessed David and Bathsheba with an heir to His throne, Solomon. He chooses whom He wills and without His blessing the plans of man will always fail.

He sent Jesus to proclaim peace, peace to the people of earth. In preaching the Gospel of Peace we extend His loving mercy to all of His creation. Only in Him and the power of the Holy Spirit is there rest.

rest 1 |rest|
verb [ no obj. ]
1 cease work

The genealogies point out that the promises to David were founded on God’s ancient promises to the patriarchs. God had pledged to Abraham that He would make him the father of a great nation, one through which He would bless the whole earth. God had also promised that a king would rule over this special nation. It was revealed to Jacob that the king would descend specifically from Jacob’s son Judah. Finally, the genealogy in the Book of Ruth explains the link between the promise and the fulfillment by tracing the line of Judah through his son Perez to King David. God had faithfully fulfilled His promise. God would establish His reign upon the earth through David’s royal line. The kings God had promised to Abraham would begin with David and culminate in the One who would reign forever, Jesus.

David provided the materials but Solomon built the Temple.


Then he called for his son Solomon, and charged him to build a house for the Lord God of Israel. And David said to Solomon: “My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build a house to the name of the Lord my God; but the word of the Lord came to me, saying, ‘You have shed much blood and have made great wars; you shall not build a house for My name, because you have shed much blood on the earth in My sight. Behold, a son shall be born to you, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies all around. His name shall be Solomon, for I will give peace and quietness to Israel in his days. 10 He shall build a house for My name, and he shall be My son, and I will be his Father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.’ 11 Now, my son, may the Lord be with you; and may you prosper, and build the house of the Lord your God, as He has said to you. 12 Only may the Lord give you wisdom and understanding, and give you charge concerning Israel, that you may keep the law of the Lord your God.


17 Now it was in the heart of my father David to build a temple for the name of the Lord God of Israel. 
1 Kings 8:17

But God said to me, ‘You shall not build a house for My name, because you have been a man of war and have shed blood.’ 
1 Chronicles 28:3

And of all my sons (for the Lord has given me many sons) He has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the Lord over Israel. 
1 Chronicles 28:5

Now He said to me, ‘It is your son Solomon who shall build My house and My courts; for I have chosen him to be My son, and I will be his Father. 
1 Chronicles 28:6

25 And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, each man under his vine and his fig tree, from Dan as far as Beersheba, all the days of Solomon. 

1 Kings 4:25

No comments:

Post a Comment