Monday, November 17, 2014

Nahum 1:7-8

The joy that we find in the Lord strengthens us but woe to those who place their trust in their gods…money, power and control…. that they make for themselves. Walking in their own power their demise will come suddenly.

Trust in the Lord with all your strength and lean not on your own understanding.

Psalm 23:5-6
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

Because we know that the Lord is good, we can endure the tribulations of life. 

The judgment of the Lord will be inescapable. The word flood is both a poetic term for overwhelming devastation and a specific reference to the actual manner of Nineveh’s fall. It is believed that the invaders of Nineveh entered the city through its flooded waterways.

Nahum 1:7-8
7 The Lord is good,
A stronghold in the day of trouble;
And He knows those who trust in Him.
8 But with an overflowing flood
He will make an utter end of its place,
And darkness will pursue His enemies.

39But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble. 
Psalm 37:39

40And the Lord shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, And save them, Because they trust in Him. 
Psalm 37:40

25The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. 
Lamentations 3:25

14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 

John 10:14

No comments:

Post a Comment