Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Micah 6:8


The Lord gave me this many, many years ago....I pray that He continues to give me the strength to live by the wisdom of His words. Play fair, forgive easily and remember the plank in my own eye.....that will keep me humble!

The idea here is that God seeks certain characteristics of true worship from His people. These phrases summarize biblical piety in true worship. The majority of the people of Israel had violated each of these standards repeatedly. The rulers did not know justice (3:1), had no interest in mercy (3:2, 3), and demonstrated no humility (3:11). It is the Lord who ultimately gives a person strength, courage, and ability to exercise the virtues of godly living.

Micah 6:8

8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; 
And what does the Lord require of you 
But to do justly, 
To love mercy
And to walk humbly with your God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment