Thursday, July 12, 2012

Matthew 26:40-41


I get so frustrated with my flesh, that part of me that knows better but fails, but Christ recognizes the weaknesses of His creation and gives them grace...amazing grace! I thank God for the renewing of my mind through the teaching of the Holy Spirit but I long for the day that I will be changed permanently into the person that He intended me to be :). It frightens me to think of what the world would be like without the Holy Spirit to seek the lost, bind up the broken and reveal the truth of Jesus Christ to those who seek Him!
The disciples needed to stay awake and pray because they were about to be tested themselves. Here the word flesh emphasizes human weakness. The contrast between the weakness of the disciples and the strength of the Lord is startling. Because the flesh is weak, every child of God needs supernatural empowerment.
Matthew 26:40-41
40 Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour? 41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment