Monday, April 25, 2011

Job 1-:13-17

Remember Job, in the midst of his tragedy He felt that God was punishing him for hidden iniquities. The truth was that God held Job's faith in such high esteem that he knew that even in great loss Job would remain true to Him. Life is about change and the Holy Spirit changes us precept upon precept into the image of Jesus Christ the moment we give our life to Him.


In these verses, Job paints a portrait of the apparently contradictory nature of God, contrasting His loving character with His judgment. Job wonders how the God who had so carefully fashioned him in the womb can turn against him like a fierce lion. This is the desperate cry of a sufferer blind to the fact that God is working good out of all the tragic events of his life.

Job 10:13-17

13 ‘And these things You have hidden in Your heart;


I know that this was with You:

14 If I sin, then You mark me,

And will not acquit me of my iniquity.

15 If I am wicked, woe to me;

Even if I am righteous, I cannot lift up my head.

I am full of disgrace;

See my misery!

16 If my head is exalted,

You hunt me like a fierce lion,

And again You show Yourself awesome against me.

17 You renew Your witnesses against me,

And increase Your indignation toward me;

Changes and war are ever with me

No comments:

Post a Comment