Isaiah 31:5
Like birds flying about,
So will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem.
Defending, He will also deliver it;
Passing over, He will preserve it.”
Only God can protect us from the evil that seeks to destroy us. In His hands we may not understand all that is happening but we can rest assured that He is there and that His will is always accomplished when we turn it over to Him. Carla
Isaiah 37:33-35
33 “Therefore thus says the Lord concerning the king of Assyria:
‘He shall not come into this city,
Nor shoot an arrow there,
Nor come before it with shield,
Nor build a siege mound against it.
34 By the way that he came,
By the same shall he return;
And he shall not come into this city,’
Says the Lord.
35 ‘For I will defend this city, to save it
For My own sake and for My servant David’s sake.’ ” (NKJV)
Hezekiah’s prayer has resulted in Jerusalem’s salvation as the remnant of Judah. But Judah will not be saved because they are Yahweh’s chosen people, or because Jerusalem is His dwelling. Yahweh will save Jerusalem for His own reputation and His covenant with David.
Faithlife Study Bible
God gives His final sentence against the Assyrian tyrant.
God defends and protects. For similar expressions of the Lord’s protection of Jerusalem, see 27:3; 31:5. The Lord would save and protect the city for His own honor, for He had established the city for the worship of His holy name. For My servant David’s sake. God maintained His promises to David. The NKJV Study Bible
Isaiah 38:6
I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria, and I will defend this city.” ’
Isiaiah 43:25
“I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake;
And I will not remember your sins.
Isaiah 48:9
“For My name’s sake I will defer My anger,
And for My praise I will restrain it from you,
So that I do not cut you off.
Isaiah 48:11
For My own sake, for My own sake, I will do it;
For how should My name be profaned?
And I will not give My glory to another.
This week we take encouragement and motivation from “The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse,” by Charlie Mackesy.
The boy sits on a branch and asks the mole: “What do you want to be when you grow up?” The answer: “Kind.”
The boy asks the mole, “What do you think success is?” The reply: “To love.” Sabbath Moments
Dear God, in this moment I hold your acceptance.
You love me completely, just as I am.
You see my great potential within,
and you nurture my tender heart of compassion.
In this moment, I let your acceptance be my own.
I accept others as the children of God.
I hold high their inner greatness,
always seeking to serve the highest and best within all people.
And so it is.
Vicky Thompson
No comments:
Post a Comment