Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Ezekiel 7:23-26

 And the end will be…Jesus. And the beginning of a new life in God…Jesus.

To Him whose right it is to judge…all glory comes.


Ezekiel 7:23–26

23 ‘Make a chain,

For the land is filled with crimes of blood,

And the city is full of violence.

24 Therefore I will bring the worst of the Gentiles,

And they will possess their houses;

I will cause the pomp of the strong to cease,

And their holy places shall be defiled.

25 Destruction comes;

They will seek peace, but there shall be none.

26 Disaster will come upon disaster,

And rumor will be upon rumor.

Then they will seek a vision from a prophet;

But the law will perish from the priest,

And counsel from the elders.

27 ‘The king will mourn,

The prince will be clothed with desolation,

And the hands of the common people will tremble.

I will do to them according to their way,

And according to what they deserve I will judge them;

Then they shall know that I am the Lord!’ ”


The people desperately seek divine guidance from the prophets, priests, and elders. The people confidently express that the law would never perish from the priest. The prophet, priest, and elders fail. Faithlife Bible.


The punishment will fit the crime—God promised to do to them according to … what they deserve. Because Judah had been so bloodthirsty, God would send the worst of the Gentiles to possess their houses, defile the temple, and bring violence to the land. This section predicts Nebuchadnezzar’s desecration of the Jerusalem temple in 586 b.c. As a last resort, peace at any price would be fervently sought from false prophets, priests, and politicians, but without success. The deadline for decisive action would have passed. NKJ Bible.


Deuteronomy 32:23 ‘I will heap disasters on them; I will spend My arrows on them.


2 Kings 21:16 Moreover Manasseh shed very much innocent blood, till he had filled Jerusalem from one end to another, besides his sin by which he made Judah sin, in doing evil in the sight of the LORD.


2 Chronicles 7:20 then I will uproot them from My land which I have given them; and this house which I have sanctified for My name I will cast out of My sight, and will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples.


Psalm 74:9 We do not see our signs; there is no longer any prophet; nor is there any among us who knows how long.


Isaiah 47:11 Therefore evil shall come upon you; you shall not know from where it arises. And trouble shall fall upon you;  you will not be able to put it off. And desolation shall come upon you suddenly, which you shall not know.


No comments:

Post a Comment